Panasonic DVD Question

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Matt11380, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Matt11380

Matt11380 Member

Hello, I have a Panasonic DVD Rv21 and I recently upgarded tge firmware. However, now the dvd player will not play DVD+R. It did before. Is there anyway to flash it again with the older firmware? Thanks.

2. Integra09

Integra09 Guest

Since you upgraded it the dvd player might not like that kind of media, mine did the same thing. try using verbatim DVD+R discs. It should work.

3. Matt11380

Matt11380 Member

Verbatim's don't work at all. I have tried those. I tries a Fuji and it worked. However, this might be just a coincidence. I'll try more. Thanks for the reply.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

another option is when your burning the dvds booktype the DVD+R to DVD-ROM ,that will make them compatable with almost any player by doing that

5. WesleyHes

WesleyHes Member

If you can booktype like aabbcdd then that is the way to go.

With any Panasonic DVD player keep in mind that they are in the DVD-R/DVD-RAM/DVD-Audio camp and NOT (in their own words) in the DVD+R/SACD camp.

Yes, there are some Panasonic players I'm sure that are able to play DVD+R out of the box but I bet it isn't expressly implied in the user manual. Take a look at your user manual in the front and see if DVD+R and DVD+RW are listed under compatible discs along with DVD-R and DVD-RW.