Panasonic PV-GS120 blurry when focusing

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by shootnpar, May 27, 2004.

1. shootnpar

shootnpar Member

I recently purchased this camera. I noticed while videotaping my son's school play in the auditorium that when you pan to different objects, persons, etc. it takes a second to re-focus and makes the object, person blurry. Do all digital camcorders do this or did I receive a dud camera? If it is normal, are some better at not doing this than others? Any advice is welcome.

2. ZombyHero

ZombyHero Member

I'm unsure to what you meant. Does it get blurry, then re-focus? or does it re-focus and get blurry and stay blurry?

If it just gets blurry for a moment, then refocuses when you're panning or zooming, you're experiencing a side effect of auto-focus that occurs on all cam's that i've ever used. Often times with camera movement, zooms, or objects coming in and out of the frame, the auto-focus simply gets a bit confused, and has to readjust itself.

To get around this, I recommend switching to manual focus. Theoretically, if the camera has a decent lense, you should be able to zoom all the way in, adjust the manual focus (on the gs120, you might not be able to get fine detail in focus on full zoom), and then slowly zoom back out and maintain focus without adjustment.

The gs120 has an odd manual focus interface. Slide the focus switch on the right side of the camera to manual, and then use the arrows on the directional pad on the inside to adjust.

Hope this helps