Panasonic VDR-M50

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by annabella, Oct 17, 2006.

1. annabella

annabella Member

I have a Panasonic VDR-M50 and I've used it to record a birthday party (Mini DVDs used: Panasonic DVD-R). It records to mini dvd-r's, but I can't play the dvd in my dvd players or even bring it up on my computer to create a dvd with the footage. Am I doing something wrong? It asked me before I started recording to format it, so I followed the onscreen directions... Any advice would be appreciated!
    Thank you!

2. sed8ed

sed8ed Member

Is the disc finlaised.....

I think the disc requires being finalised. This may or may not be your issue but if you look under the camer's menu with the disc in question in the camera look around the menu for an option to finalise the disc.

Once finalised you should pop it in and presto!!!! PLAY.

Unfortunately I cant reccommend any other reason as to why your disc wont play...The disc needs to be formatted only when it's rewriteable (I think) which means it's dvd-rw. In Most cases a format is only required if the disc is full and you want to erase it...I pop the discs in and they are initialised (might be same thing as format just different wording)after 4 seconds, then I can record. Every camera is different though..I would suggest a quick skim through the manual about viewing your DVD after filming just to make sure you have everything covered.

If you finalise a dvd-r before it's full you lose the rest of the space on it...fill it up first. DVD-RW gives you one side or double side continued use..Once its full transfer to PC and then erase and use again. Not every DVD camera supports this though