Path of neo for xbox (DVD5) having a problem (says its dirty/damaged)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Haikkaru, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Haikkaru

Haikkaru Member

The game says its dirty or damaged and all of this crap thats really annoying and makes a really weird noise in my xbox when it happens.

Im using a sony dvd+. Burning at the lowest speed. So how can I get the dirty game screen thingy to not appear in any games at all? Cuz they happen in other games sometimes too. Ok well if you can help me, thanks!

-Haikkaru

2. ChrisR1

ChrisR1 Member

Yea IM having the same problem, i burnt like 7 copies using differet combinations of disks/programs/speeds to burn them...its an awesome game so i thought it was worth it, anyways needless to say i still dont ave a good copy,it just freezes upin the first stage. was mainly using sony dvd-r and tried a few others... kodak, fuji,and some other kind,(2-4x), used alcohol(x2), nero, nti, dvd dycrypter, dvd santa... all kinds, anyways i never have this much of a problem, or at least give up by now, but i want this game... to makeit worse i took one of the copies i burned over toa buddies house and it worked great for him, it worked better than his copy he said... and i was planning on ripping his as a last resort, shitty... ANYONE GGOT ANY REAL ADVICE for us...(sorry i cant help u, im stuck on this too, but i seen some others in the same boat on the site i got it from .. bitsoup.org maybe its a$ bad rip, where did u get ur copy?

3. Haikkaru

Haikkaru Member

I got my copy from RLT.

I used dvd decrypter to try it and it worked a little better than nero but still didnt work for should i say..."playable". So I'm gonna use dvd decrypter for ps2 and xbox games, and nero for the other stuff it can do, and also burning iso's for pc games. I just think its a good idea for me...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  4. ChrisR1

ChrisR1 Member

well i finally got it to work... i used a tdk 16x...burned at 4x with nero and it plays great...try switchin media, tdk worked for me on a NEC...nd3520a

5. Haikkaru

Haikkaru Member

Ok so then if I get tdk dvds and then use nero to burn it it should work fine? Ok thanks, ill try it and tell you how it goes. So i guess im using nero again, not dvd decrypter :p, lol. Ok thanks, ttyl.

6. ChrisR1

ChrisR1 Member

Yea i think that should be a safe bet, but then again everone else seems to be playing without problems like us... the disks were 16x dvd-r...TDK, burned at 4x with nero, it plays great now, s i hope it works for you.... it should, let me know

7. Haikkaru

Haikkaru Member

YES!!! You helped with this so much. I got staples type cuz at staples they didnt have tdk but they said the same people make staple dvds so i got them and it works greater than ever. THANK YOU! So much. I'm using TDK, and Staple cd's/dvd's from now on. Ok thanks. Bye.

-Haikkaru

8. ChrisR1

ChrisR1 Member

well im glad i could help, but i wouldnt swear by any disc cos i have had this problem before,... one disc type will work for certain games and then not for the next... like i had this problem with lord of the rings, and sony discs weere my answer... but for this game they were only as good as the next coaster... lol but use them untill u run into problems... but dont hesitate to try another GOOD kind
    Glad i could help
    Chris