Paypal Problems

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Xplorer4, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

So 2 months ago I ordered some cell phone covers off ebay. My g/f and I have Pantech Duo Cell Phones which it is impossible to find accessories for the phone where we live. Anyways I ordered 2 rubberized phone covers off ebay. Payed with paypal and the seller shipped them days latter. Well it just so happen the week i changed my snail mail address my usual carrier was on vacation. My father is a USPS employee and knows my regular carrier well, along with nearly every USPS employee in the town lol. Well the regular carrier knew i lived here but the substitute carrier did not. The package with the 2 covers, was marked return to sender by the sub carrier. Since my father is a USPS employee I asked him to give me proof the items were returned to sender. No problem there he ran the tracking number through his system and printed a document showing it was returned to the sender in Dallas, TX. However, if you run the tracking number through USPS, there is a glitch and it only shows that it was delivered, not returned to sender.

My problem is i emailed the document as a jpeg image to the morons at paypal, but they can't open it due to security restrictions on there computers. I have made several threats to paypal to contact the BBB, which was able to get me past the standard rebuttals paypal gives there employees. Now PayPal's Executive Claim office has given me a number to fax this document to.

I guess my question is should i contact the BBB or fax the document and see if paypal will reverse the claim. I only paid like $15-$20 for the covers but at this point it is the principal of the matter, not the money as much as $20 would be usefull.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You moved, the USPS didn't deliver the package to you, because they didn't know you exist, and you are pissed at Paypal? Wow!!!!

Did you forget to leave a forwarding address, at the post office?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  3. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

I think your eyes missed some key parts. I will just respond yo your questions instead:
    Yes. I am pissed not only @ PayPal but the seller who ignores my requests for a refund.
    PayPal: For there lack of effort in investigating this matter and not refunding my money.

Seller: For not refunding the money despite providing proof that the item was not delivered. The item was returned to sender, but no one was there so USPS left a note to claim the package at there local USPS Facility. The seller never picked up the item. It seems the seller doesn't care if the customer is happy so long as they have there money.

I think you missed the part where I said the regular carrier knew me and knew I lived here. Besides I sent it to the new address not the old, so a forwarding address would have done me no good.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

The bold portion says it all. You didn't say that in your first post. Look at it again. You mentioned changing your snail mail address.

I missed nothing, in your first post.

5. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Except the fact the carrier knew i lived here ;) but whatever.

Would you not want a refund if you paid for an item that was never received? I know it wasn't the sellers fault but none the less, the seller should have attempted to rectify the situation imo.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  6. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

You say that your father is a USPS employee, you also say the package is still sitting in a USPS facility, so why not get it delivered again instead of trying to claim off paypal.

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Then the USPS is the one you should have a beef with. Tell them to get that package to you. THEY made the mistake, not PayPal.

8. aldan

aldan Active member

lets see,seller doesnt have it.you dont have it.paypal certainly doesnt have it,but wait,ups does have it.so whats the problem with getting them from ups?paypal is in no way obligated to refund your money.no sympathy here either.

9. osteotome

osteotome Guest

Ah,good ol snail mail

10. pyrite

pyrite Member

So if you know where they are what's your problem with getting them delivered again?

11. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

12. aldan

aldan Active member

neat.wouldnt mind taking in one of those auctions.