PC TO TV

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by 1chivers, Nov 12, 2002.

1. 1chivers

1chivers Guest

hi all, just got started on d/loading films...have no probs with divx,mpeg,avi's etc..but what is the best way to get best pic on tv..i am playing films thru windows media player..then maximising screen for media player so as to view full screen on tv ( is this the correct thing to do?)also, does pc screen resolution have any impact on what i view on tv?..if it does what resolution should i set pc to?..hope you people understand what i am saying here..cheers in advance for any advice :)

2. fuel451

fuel451 Member

I was running my PC out of my GeForce 2 MX into my 52" widescreen at 800x600 for a while, but you get the same quality as if running a VCD right ought of your standalone DVD player. I haven't tried any of the newer video cards with high TV-out resolutions, but get at least 1024x768 on the TV-out or its not worth your time.

3. energyman

energyman Member

Basically, if The Movie that you are playing is at 240x240 (wierd rez, I know, but its just an example), you'll want to set the rezolution of your video card to as close to that as possible. So in this case, try to get to 800x600 like ^that^ guy said, but if you have 640x480, that would be even better. The reson for this is......

Monitors have tons of pixles, and TV screens have much much less. When a video card is trying to spit out 1024x768 (for example) on a 480x480 TV screen, many parts (pixles) of the movie will be missing, thus causing crappy quality and/or dissability to read text.

Hope this helps.

EnergyMan