Philips DVP 642 Image Problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Manix123, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Manix123

Manix123 Member

Hey there!

Here's my problem....I noticed that on some of my widescreen DivX, the image wasn't completely shown. In fact, a small part(maybe some CMs, depend on which DivX) is cut from both sides and the height seems bigger. I didn't heard from anyone who have this problem so I decided to ask myself. Please, I would so appreciate that someone tells me the solution! Because right now it just sucks and I tried to change, in the options of the player, the format of my TV screen but no result. =(

Exemple: One of my DiVX has the following resolution: 640 x 368 and the following Frame Aspect Ratio: 1.739 (40:23) and both sides are cutted of about 3-4 CMs :(.

Thank you !!

Manix

2. p200002

p200002 Member

I know anime has this problem. If your divx is anime, search forum again you might find workaround.

3. Manix123

Manix123 Member

Thank you for your try dude but my problem happens with ANY DiVX(the movie on DVD was working, but after I ripped it to divx and burned it on CD, both sides were cut on TV but not on my computer). That really sucks....:( Maybe if I reduce the size of the DiVX it'll work better....Anyway please if someone had this problem and found a solution for it, please tell me!!

Thank you,

Manix