Philips DVP642 Anime Problems

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Foxcraft, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Foxcraft

Foxcraft Guest

When playing anime one my 642, the bottom and often a bit of the top of the picture gets cut off, thus making it difficult to read the subtitles. I realize that this is an issue that has been discussed before in these forums, but I have been unable to find a suitable solution. Before anyone suggests it, my computer does have a video card with video out, I simply would rather have the option of burning my video files to dvd and watching them on this player, even if it involves re-encoding. Currently I generally use Dr. Divx on the Home Theatre setting when doing any encoding for this player. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

2. Foxcraft

Foxcraft Guest

I have attempted some resizing, (Origional is 640X480, I have tried as low as 320X240) and this has not worked, if I make it smaller, the subtitles will fit, but the picture quality will be just terrible.

One thing I wanted to attempt was adding letterboxing to the video, but I have no idea how to do this, if anyone has any suggests on adding letterboxing that would be great.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2005