Pianist or wannabe

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Schwaber, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

I really wanted to know how many people in this community actually plays piano. Either with a professional or self taught, it doesn't matter. But then again, its better to tell if you were self taught or tutored. Am self taught anyway and Am curious if majority of people are self taught in terms of playing the piano. THATS ALL

2. sawbg

sawbg Member

I'm going on my 6th year now with a teacher.

3. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

Really? how many months does it usually take to advance one level? I really don't get the grading system in piano.

4. LaPapita

LaPapita Member

well, I would like to say that I am a pianist, but I'm not really all that great at it. I mainly play video game songs, and if I do, I never end up finishing them. here's a list of what I can play, just to give you an idea

Video Game songs:
    Super mario bros 3: like, 20 seconds of a stage. lol
    Ninja Gaiden: act 4, scene 2...almost all of it, I mess up at the end.
    Final Fantasy 10: To Zanarkand...I can only do half of it.
    Mike Tyson's Punch Out: Password Screen...I am glad to say I know all of this song.
    Legend of Zelda: Underworld Theme. I know it all
    Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time: Song of storms...Know it all, but it's not accurate.

Non video game songs:
    Theme from the movie Big: the one where they play the piano with their feet.
    Naruto: Sadness and Sorrow
    Hungarian Rhapsody #2 By Franz Liszt...I only know like, the first 15 seconds...how sad.

I know more, but these are just a few I could think of at the top of my head

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I'm about Grade 1 on the Piano, but that's just cos I'm musical and can play other instruments so it comes easily.
    I'm Grade 6 on the Cornet/Trumpet and can play a few other brass instruments well.

:)

6. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

OMG! your so like me! haha, I always end up not finishing a song! Although I finished 4 out of 50 songs that I tried. LOL

7. sawbg

sawbg Member

Well, I've done

Primer
    2A
    2B
    3A
    3B

It varies depending on the set of books you use, but mine were written by Faber, who as stupid as an ox.

8. LaPapita

LaPapita Member

Yeah, I know how frustrating it could be. It sucks even more when your trying to show off to a friend and they tell you to keep going. haha

Well, I'm not trying to be all professional about it, so it doesn't really matter if I finish a song to me. As long as I enjoy playing it, it's all good.