PIXELATING PLAYBACK PROBLEM!!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by sawyer10, Feb 8, 2006.

1. sawyer10

sawyer10 Member

Hi
    I have Sony DCR HC22E Handycam and am having a problem with a pixelating
    tape playback. The first two or three movies I made worked fine, and when I saved the files to my PC, the quality was good. Also when I burned them to DVD disc, they played back well on my PC and TV. I used Somy premium tapes.
    However I made a film this Christmas that played back fine on the viewing screen on the camcorder. However when I played it back on my PC and then burned it to disc, both copies were really badly pixelated, although I did not seem to have suffered any frame drop.
    The tape was from the same batch as the others, can anyone give me any idea what could have caused this and what can I do to remedy it. Thank you

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

I recommend that you look at the individual steps to know where your problem appears.
    I assume that you transferred the movie using Firewire to DV-AVI? How does the AVI file look like when you play that? If it looks bad, you have a transfer problem. If it looks OK and it appears after you encode it, you have an encoding problem. If it looks OK as MPEG-2 and it doesn't after burning on DVD, you have a problem with your DVD authoring program or a burning problem.

3. DanOhio

DanOhio Member

What can you do if you have a transfer problem? My footage is not as good as I thought it would be with my JVC Mini DV camcorder.