Playing backup games with a Smartxx Mod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by fabfive1, Apr 6, 2006.

1. fabfive1

fabfive1 Member

Ok, where do I begin.
    I am still a beginner when it comes to modding and hacking and everything this website deals with. I have been reading posts on this site for about 2 years now without ever posting myself because I feel I don't know enough to help anyone. Well, the time has finally come where I have a problem that I haven't figured out the solution to on this forum. So here is my dilemma.

I recently purchased a Smartxx opx se modchip. I didn't want to chance screwing up my xbox so I bought a smartxx spider solderless adapter to go with it. My dilemma is that I cannot for the life of me get a backup of any xbox game to work. I put it in the tray and it states the normal error message (Your xbox cannot recognize this disc.blah blah blah...
    I have yet to go the ftp route because i'm lazy and that's ridiculous. Therefore, I have been downloading torrents of a few games I own and burning the isos. Now, I do understand how most torrents, when finished come out to be about 20-25 rar files; and I do understand how
    to turn them into 1 iso. (click on one of the files and an iso icon will appear in the winrar box, drag the iso icon to wherever you want it to go) The torrents I have are Far Cry Instincts, Outrun 2006, World Poker Tour, Fight Night Round 3, and Juiced. I have burned outrun once, fight night 2x, and world poker tour too many times to count. Every time I burn one I will do something different. I realized I wasn't finalizing the discs so I did that, then I realized I wasn't burning at 1x so I did that and then I realized I was using memorex dvdr+s so I bought philips dvdr-s.I also thought maybe it was a bad torrent, so I tried them all with craxtion 4 and they come up fine, patched and all. No matter what I do nothing works. I then thought it could possibly be the mod chip but I followed the directions to a tee on how to install it. Plus, when I press the power button on the Xbox the Smartxx Lt opx screen comes up with all the options such as original bios, other bios, linux, reboot, shutdown and config. (honestly, I have no idea what the purpose of all this is, I only bought my Xbox to play backup games)

So...my dear friends. I hate it with a raw passion when people cry and complain on this site without researching first. Well, I have researched, and I have to say that the first time in 2 years I have no idea what to do.

I apologize greatly for how long this is, just wanted to cover everything all at once. Any ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

2. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

if by chance i missed it in the post forgive me but did you flash the bios of the chip? if not it will never play a backup.

kc

3. fabfive1

fabfive1 Member

You are correct, I haven't done this, and honestly I don't know what that means. Guess I didn't do as much research as I thought. How do I go about flashing the bios?

4. theridges

theridges Guest

5. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

to get onto #xbins the easiest i suggest getting the auto connection setup from team executers site, it's by {Ghost}Cobra and it's a single click from the application through mIRC to the ftp log in you just click connect......

kc

6. fabfive1

fabfive1 Member

Ok, I think I understand at least the basics of flashing now, thanks everyone, I appreciate it. However, when I took the latest hacked bios, (update 3403 on smartxx site or update 3339 from #xbins) and attempted to flash it, it tells me that I am trying to flash an older version of the bios. Apparently my mod chip already came with update 3406 already installed on it. So, if I already have the bios on my chip, how do I get to it and flash it; or if I still need to get a new update, please help me find which one I need. Thanks alot guys.

7. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

i've installed mostly Xecuter chips so memory on others is a bit sketchey but i belive there are two boot methods on the SmartXX chips, [bold]IF[/bold] you have a hacked bios (capable of booting a backup disk) then you have to press eject from off to boot to direct boot mode.

kc