Playing backups from hd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by vdiablo69, Oct 23, 2006.

1. vdiablo69

vdiablo69 Member

I have been trying for days to copy discs onto my xbox. Most of them copy but when i go to load the game it always freezes at the title screen. Ive tried pxhddloader, dvd2xbox, and the gamecopy app in unleash but i cant get anywhere. ive created isos and just copied them normally. Occasionally after I delete everything from the cache folder and x,y,z drives I might be lucky enough to get one game working but it seems to be alot of hassle. Is there an app i can run that will clear the cache and x,y,z drives. Is there a better copy program i can use. Ive tried running the games from evox with the igr and tsr both disabled and ive changed the game region from default to auto to north america but i cant get nowhere.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You may have a damaged hard drive! I have one in one of my Xboxs, it wont allow XBMC to install fully, then I can't delete certain files afterward! Luckily it runs games and performs at full capacity!

3. vdiablo69

vdiablo69 Member

the hard drive is brand new 120gb western digital. I just bought it yesturday came from the shelf straight into the xbox so that cant be the problem.

4. icesoul

icesoul Member

hhhmm try and FTP the files from the disc to the harddrive instead of just copying the games to see if that works. did it work before the harddrive was put in?

5. vdiablo69

vdiablo69 Member

when i ftp the files they wont even load the start screen. they did the same thing before i put the new harddrive in

6. vdiablo69

vdiablo69 Member

well ive done some more messin around and it seems that games that are live enabled are the ones that freeze up is there an app i can patch these with or am i just S.O.L. with these games¿

7. vdiablo69

vdiablo69 Member

Ive been doing some reading and have come to the assumption that it could be the softmod I used. Is this true will different softmods play your backups off the hd better¿ If so whats the best softmod to use¿