Playing Problem on Premiere Timeline!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by mattymaxx, Jan 19, 2005.

1. mattymaxx

mattymaxx Member

Ok, i got a Sony Handycam DVD201E and I have captured the mpg's via usb cable onto the pc, using imagemixer supplied with the cam! I have put them into the adobe premiere pro timeline, and after rendering the sound will jump well ahead of the video after a coiupl of seconds of watching it! It also happens if i export it to any sort of file!

Ive tried running the captured mpg's through divx, mainconcept. etc loads of different programs, and loads of different formats too. avi, mpg, wmv...

Ive tried doing all sorts of stuff and it just wont play smoothly, i cant edit it, watch it or export it!

Please help, i really want to make my vids!

Cheers every1
    Matt

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Hi Matty,
    It is too bad that you bought a camera that records directly onto DVD. The format which is used to store it on the DVD is mpeg-2 which is not very suitable for editing. There is a very specific technical reason for that (the compression has a high level of interdependencies of successive frames) and most video editing programs have not been designed to work with mpeg. The best thing to do is to create DV-AVI files form you original footage and use that for editing.
    In order to capture that you should not use USB but Firewire. However, since you have your material on DVD, the way to go for you would be to rip the DVD in order to create a DV-AVI.
    Read some basic stuff on: http://www.digitalvideoclub.com
    I would like to publish an article about how to do create DV-AVI from footage shot with DVD camcorder and you may be able to help me.

3. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

OK, for all of you who bought a DVD camcorder and who have probems editing the material, here's a very simple guide, using freeware tools only, how to convert your footage to DV-AVI for better acceptance in video-editing programs:
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/tutorials/dvdedit.php