Playing Xbox Back ups on Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by jinxiii, Sep 13, 2006.

1. jinxiii

jinxiii Member

Hi I'd be eternally grateful if anyone could help me with a problem Im getting when trying to play Xbox back up discs on a modded Xbox 360.

Im getting an error message 'This original Xbox game has encountered a problem and cannot continue'.

I've played back ups of Xbox 360 games which I burnt no problem but no matter what burning prog I use (I've tried just about them all!!) and tried an array of disc formats the Xbox games just wont work. Im burning the ISO and have tried burning using ISOX Creator thinking it may need it as a XISO format.

I've played the original games in the Xbox 360 so I knew I've got the Backwards compatibilty update installed properly. The mod installed has Xbox back up compatibilty too. So Im stumped as to what I'm doing wrong :eek:(. Ne help would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. wasted05

wasted05 Guest

make sure ur burning speed is 4x and if that doesnt work u can ftp the game to ur xbox in drive E (hope this helps);)

3. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

How are you backing up the Xbox games? When playing them on the 360, you have to back them up the same way you back up Xbox 360 games. As in, you need to use dual layer DVDs with the SS on the second layer and such.

4. talleywak

talleywak Member

Hello,

I just experienced the exact problem you have described ("this original xbox game has encountered and a problem and cannot continue..."). I was
    attempting to run Tecmo Arcade Classics XBox game on my XBox360, but kept getting that same message even though there wasn't so much as a blemish on the disk, and the title is on the current backward compatibility list. I'm happy to say I solved the problem by switching the little switch on the XBox360 cord that allows you choose between TV or HDTV. It must be set to "TV". In fact, my new Samsung HDTV won't display ANY original XBox games unless I cange the cord switch to "TV". Tech Support people were useless with this problem - I had to stumble across it myself after 2 days of frustration and countless obscenities.
    But all is well - I can now play my favorite video game of all time, Solomon's Key, in beautiful 62-inch splendor!
    I hope this works for you.

Best of luck,

ADAM

5. jdos

jdos Member

I am having this problem too
    , I a Hitachi so I know it cant read DVD-5, only DVD-9. So how do I burn them, the same way a X360 game or is there something else?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  6. steimy

steimy Active member

get Xbox Backup Creator and use it. It is a 2 step process if it is the same as doing a 360 game. The program will do everything else for you (like patching the security sector)

http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutori...ups-samsung-sh-d162c-xbox-backup-creator.html

but in order to read the Xbox game you need to have the flashed Samsung drive in your PC. And you would have to use an original disc.
    Or of course you could serch the net as a lot of torrent sites have a ton of original Xbox games that are made ready for the 360 already.

7. y2k07

y2k07 Member

As far as I know you cant ftp into the X360 and copy the games so you can play or can you?

8. steimy

steimy Active member

correct, you can not FTP to the 360, or copy games to the hard drive (which realy stinks!)
    Hopefully in the near future a person who does firmware will figure out a way around this. You know it is possible to play them because you can download from Xbox Live and play them from the hard drive.

9. effigy1

effigy1 Member

Is it the EXACT procedures as ripping/burning 360 discs?
    Such as -- LAYER BREAK of 1913760?