Playing Xbox Live on a Mod. Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tawalker, Jan 26, 2006.

1. tawalker

tawalker Member

When I Modified my Xbox my Xbox live account disappeared. Now when I try to activate my account it takes me from the Xbox dashboard to the installed dashboard (UnleashX). What can I do?

2. Vanjoe

Vanjoe Member

you can't play xbox live with a modded xbox. This is what i have been told, but as long as the HDD is locked and the chip is turned off you should be safe, but accounts have been known to disappear. You may have been spotted...shame

Try downloading EvoX Kai and play through their network. It's like a free live account. Just get online with them and select system link in the game you want to play. You can check your Kai account through XBMC.

Vanjoe

3. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, Xbox live will detect your chip, if you do connect it
    will ban you and you would have to find a way to get a new EEPROM
    to be able to get back on. If you are using original discs, then
    you can disable the chip and use Xbox Live.

Xlink Kai is a great place to go if you just want to play games online. It is free and has a lot of games that people play on it.
    XBconnect is also another free service for online gaming.
    Once Xlink Kai is installed and you have an account (free),
    then you set it up just like an FTP program. You can go into a game, go to the multiplayer function and choose system link instead of xbox live. Once in the system link you can just create a game and see if anyone joins you. Or go on Xlink Kai and find an open game and join them.