Please HELP i have no IP address....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by cj2087, Dec 23, 2005.

1. cj2087

cj2087 Regular member

I Soft Modded My xbox last night... thAT WAS successful, but now i am trying to ftp my pc and xbox and on my xbox under the IP its says NO LINK... i am running UnleashX dash and i used a 007 softmod with Action replay... please help me...

2. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

If your using a router, a standard ethernet cable should be running from your router to your xbox. Or if your using a crossover cable, the crossover cable should be running from your computer to your xbox. Are you using a router or crossover cable.

3. cj2087

cj2087 Regular member

i am using a crossover cable... but my xbox says that it has no IP address... im conneting straight from my xbox to my laptop...

4. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

When your xbox is turned on and pluggned into your computer via crossover cable, go into network connections and see if there is a 2nd connection if you already have an internet connection, or just one connection if your not hooked up to the internet, just your xbox. If there isn't, make sure your using an actual crossover cable, not just a standard ethernet cable.

5. meko

meko Member

Try turning on static i.p in options

6. jjdadon

jjdadon Regular member

I get this error too and no matter what I try I can not get my second XBOX to FTP. I've tried DHCP with connecting to the router. I've tried static and hooking directly to my notebook. I've system linked between my 2 XBOX's. No matter I do I can not get this second XBOX to FTP to my PC or notebook.

I'm running the newest version of Avalaunch. My XBOX is v1.6, Samsung DVD drive, stock Seagate HDD, using SID4 softmod.