Please help me mod.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by stevepre1, Jun 8, 2006.

1. stevepre1

stevepre1 Member

I just installed a modchip in my xbox. In all the tutorials the next step tends to jump around a little. I could really use a little, one on one with someone patient and knowledgeable. Basiclly I need to know the next step. Do I Install a dashboard or do I FTP next. With the modchip installed I see no differnce. I assume that's normal. Please Please I drowning someone please help.

2. shademand

shademand Regular member

Well do you have a Slayer's or AID v3.0 disc to install a dash? And are you sure that you have the chip powered on? because if your chip is working your startup screen will not be the regular Xbox screen.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

i agree, Slayer or AID 3.0 would be your best bet as far as getting everything set up. The auto installers pretty much do it all for you.
    You may also need to flash the chip with the correct bios as you next step.

4. stevepre1

stevepre1 Member

I have slayers 2.6 and auto installer deluxe V.3.0. So now that my modchip is installed I can just boot the Auto installer disc and that will do most of what I need. Also I installed my chip with little to no Problems and have tried the switch both ways and there is no difference.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Yeah, i have only used Slayer myself. But you stick it in then reboot and it should load right up.
    In the menu there should be an option to load EvoX on C: and apps on E: or F:
    not sure which you will use as it depends on how it was set up.
    Mine is EvoX on C: and apps on F:
    But i just started from scratch by formating the hard drive and then installing everything because the first thing i did when i got a chip was install a 300GB hard drive to be able to run all my games from it.
    here is the tutorial i used written for me by request
    http://www.teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=672

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  6. stevepre1

stevepre1 Member

Okay sorry I think i got a little ahead of myself. Doing some research I found out that after installing my mod chip there is supposed to be some type of difference. I saw none. I went on a webiste and found out that I can enable my mod chip by pressing the power botton in a different pattern. When I enable or turn on the mod chip the lights on the front of my xbox flash red and green. The xbox does not turn on. (dashboard does not load) If I disable the mod chip the xbox plays games and acts as normal. I cracked open my xbox several times and checked all the points I soldered and everyhting seems fine. Do you have any suggestions why my xbox would act this way and why my mod chip will not load? Please I am desperately in need of help. Thank you.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

well, if you are 100% sure that it is installed correctly you may have gotten a bad chip. Talk to the pace you bought it from and see if they would replace it.

8. stevepre1

stevepre1 Member

Ya I guess thats my only option at this point. I just thought maybe it was a common problem and someone out there would have some answers. but it seems harder and harder to get help on this site nowadays, so very few people ever answer back. So I thank you very much for your help.