Please help

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by craigt31, Sep 15, 2002.

1. craigt31

craigt31 Guest

Hey evryone. Does anyone know how to get the Sharp DV-NC55 DVD player to accept copied vcd's. Whatever I try it just spits them back out at me. Any help much appreciated.

2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

according to this DVD player guide, your dvd player can handle vcd, svcd, cdr and cdrw.

what exactly do you mean when you say copied VCD's? in other words, what method do you use to copy the original VCD, and does the original VCD work right in your DVD player?

3. craigt31

craigt31 Guest

ok, a friend of mine rips them to mpeg files for me, then i use nero to burn them to vcd. The originals work fine, but when i put in a copied vcd it says wrong disc type and ejects the disc. cheers

4. VCDjunkie

once again, I'm a little lost.. maybe I'm just a bit slow, so I'm going to need a bit more clarification.

1. you create a VCD using a ripped mpeg and the VCD capabilities of Nero.

question: is this what you mean by the original? if this is the original and it plays fine, then it brings me to question #2.

2. you now have a working VCD (I'm assuming), you then copy it and this copy does not work? if so, then how are you making this copy?

Sorry for so many questions.. I promise its for a reason.

5. craigt31

craigt31 Guest

Ok, I don't personally know how to rip the vcd, so my friend does it for me on his computer. The mpeg is then saved to cd, and transferred to my pc, where I create a vcd in nero using this file. This (copied) vcd will not play in my DV-NC55 player, but will play in my friends Sony DAV-S300 player. I wanted to know if there is any way that I can copy this file to vcd format differently that would enable me to play it in my Sharp DV-NC55 player.

Cheers again

6. VCDjunkie

Ouch!.. sorry to say, but at this point I would need to know what your friend is using to rip the MPEG file.. and, what format is the MPEG file in? is it MPEG or MPEG2.

if it's mpeg2, you may want to try using the SVCD portion of Nero. I personally never had a problem using the VCD capability of Nero, but then again I ripped all my own MPEG files so I knew what to expect.

if you're not sure, and you want to find out by yourself.. you can try to open the MPEG file in VirtualDub. if you don't already have virtualdub, you can get it here: http://www.virtualdub.org/download

if you can open the mpeg in virtualdub without errors, then chances are its mpeg-1. if not, then it may be mpeg-2, in which case you may want to try burning SVCD instead.

Hope it works out for you!

7. VCDjunkie

oh yeah, also you wanted to know of alternate methods of creating VCD's.. use vcdeasy, Here ya go:

http://www.vcdhelp.com/vcdeasyhowto.htm

notice that you have the choice to select VCD 1.1 or 2.0 when using VCDeasy. maybe that would help.

Also forgot to ask what version of Nero you use?

Good luck!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2002
  8. craigt31

craigt31 Guest

ok, i still don't know what uses to rip the files, but it's in mpeg format not mpeg2. I tried vcdeasy to create both vcd 1.1 and vcd 2.0, both created succesfully but dvd player keeps saying wrong disc type. Using version 5.5.9.0 nero i get the same message. CDR audio discs play without a problem in the dv-nc55, so i'm thinking it just doesn't like copied vcd's?

Cheers

9. VCDjunkie