Please insert the correct cd-rom, select OK to restart application

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by lunder03, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lunder03

lunder03 Member

This could be a tuffy, but I am hoping not...here goes...Burnt the ISO image for a game onto a DVD, got the ISO after using winrar, installed the game from the c.d., unfortunately I cannot play the game do to the following message "please insert the correct cd-rom, selct OK to restart application" So, my questions are, am I missing a file, do I need to burn some other files for the game onto a seperate dvd to escape the error message, or is there no known solution. I read somewhere before of someone having the same problem with the Tiger Woods pga 2008 game that was downloaded from a torrent off line. Mine is from a torrent off line as well, anybody know or have any suggestions? I tried unpacking the ISO on onto my computer directly using winrar archiver which worked and I went through the set-up process that way, but when I clicked on the games icon, the same error message appeared.

2. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

More than likely, since you opened your ISO with WinRar and burned it with something other than an ISO Image Burner, you didn't give your CD its real name. In otherwords, you may have named your disk "ShadowKill" When the real name would be something like "SK_EN_CD1" ...

Anyway, if the game is looking to find "SK_EN_CD1" it may search for it by name. And when all it can find is "ShadowKill" then you're out of luck. If this is the root of your problem, you'll have to re-burn your CD.

Other Possible Causes:
    Sometimes, like with modded versions of Vice City, you may want to try your CD in the other CD/DVD drive. That may help.

This is typically the cause of your problem -> The Game has Piracy-Protection built in and while it may install from the disk, it won't play from it. You may end up having to download a No-CD crack or something of the sort. GIF (Google It First), and if that doesn't work, you may find a no-cd crack via yahoo. It's helped me out of spots with things like San Andreas.

3. lunder03

lunder03 Member

I have the crack that came with the torrent it says to copy the crack from the dvd to the game directive. Where might I ask, and what may I ask is the game directive? The game is located in C: program files/ lu3d In it contains three folders and a game icon. The three folders are named Uninstall which I'm quite sure is not the place to copy the crack to, then there's Misc. (miscellaneous) and the last folder is named Run. Now, for me I thought that would be the obvious choice, problem is when you open the folder containing the crack it plays a video from devience congratulating thierselve for another job well done. Not sure if that folder in itself that plays thier video contains the crack and you just copy that to the game directive. I just don't know exactly what a game directive is?

4. ireland

ireland Active member

WE DO NOT DEAL WITH CRACKS HERE
    READ THE RULES

[​IMG]
    CLICK ON THE FORUM RULES PICTURE TO READ THE AFTERDAWN RULES

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.