please people help i need experts

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bobromin, Jan 20, 2006.

1. bobromin

bobromin Guest

people I have a mod on my xbox ok. well my question is how do you put files on your xbox. do you need a cable? A Sofware? well if you need a sofware, how are you going to to get the file on the xbox. I want to find out how to put files on my xbox because i want to download games on my xbox. O yeah by the way while your answering that question i have other one. Where get the files to download the games. what I mean for example i wanted to download halo 2, where should i go to download the halo2 file? Also give me your aim if you have one

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2006
  2. jjdadon

jjdadon Regular member

You need FlashFXP to FTP files to ur XBOX from ur PC.

You can get "files" from bittorrent or MIRC.

3. bobromin

bobromin Guest

but how do you use them. i downloaded hulk ultimate destruction the file, so how do i use those programs. also i have a another question when you connect the ethernet cord to your xbox, do you connect the other side to your modem or computer. if you connect it to the modem how are you going to get the files on your comoputer to yor xbox? please hury.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

you need to read some FTP tutorials and that should help.
    http://teammodders.com/viewforum.php?f=45
    there are a few here. You need to know how to set up the Xbox IP settings, also the FlashFXP ip settings and all that.
    Once you get that it is pretty simple, you start FlashFXP and tell it to connect to the Xbox, it will show your PC files on the left, and the Xbox files on the right. Then you choose the file on the PC you want to FTP on the left, choose the folder on the Xbox you want it in on the right which will be the games folder on your E: or F:
    depending on how you set up the Xbox. Then press the transfer button on the side for the PC. But read some of those tutorials and that will really help you out.
    If the file you have is an ISO then you will need a program like Craxtion 4 to extract the ISO into the files inside it, you can
    not FTP and ISO file, that will not work. You can burn the ISO to a disc. Then get a program like DVD2Xbox and copy it from the disc to your Xbox that way.
    as far as the cable you need a Cat5 crossover cable
    if you have an open slot i would go strait from the Xbox to the PC.
    If you have a router you will most likely have to hook to that as it will be connected to the modem and the slot in your PC and you will not have an open port on the PC to put it.
    There is really too much to sit and explain.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2006