Please Reccormend a DVD player that plays Dbl Layer!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by sneakins, Apr 8, 2006.

1. sneakins

sneakins Member

I just spent 60 bucks on some double layer verbatims, dvd+r's..and they wont play on my current sony. I know its the dvd player and not the media cause my buddy said it played fine on his new one. Anyone know of a brand/model that will play these for sure? Do ALL dvd players nowadays have this capability or do i have to search for it? thanks for the help

2. pazzini

pazzini Guest

1st thing is does your dvd player support +R discs?

If you booktype your sl dvd+R's automatically into dvd-rom it might not support booktyping dl +R's into dvd-rom.

3. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

Does your burner support booktyping?

4. sneakins

sneakins Member

Its a sony, it plays all my burned stuff. i looked up the model on vidoehelp and it shows it wont play DL discs...after burning the show again with dvd decryptor, i actually got the discs to read but theyre skippy - and i know this isnt from the file im burning or a bad burn. so im looking to get a decent name brand, preferably phillips dvd player that recently came out and ill be sure will have this capability..looking for something in $40-140 range.

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

My Philips DVP642 plays DVD+R DL booktyped and non-booktyped ... it also plays DVD-R DL ... costs $60 or so ...