police scanner

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jessy2, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessy2

jessy2 Member

i brought a scanner few years back,and suddenly its stopped picking up the police's channel.
    is there a code that i could put into my scanner?
    many thanks
    happy christmas John

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Well, since we don't know the following you won't get much help

1. The make and model of the scanner.
    2. The channels your local police use.
    3. Where you live.

I expect your local police has moved channels.

3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I don't know where you live, but here i know the local Police frequently change channels and frequencies for a variety of reasons. Additional info, as suggested by Indochine, may help.

4. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

Also, if you've had your scanner unplugged for a long time, you might have to reprogram the channels again.

5. MR_yevrah

MR_yevrah Member

I also suspect police scanners may be going digital soon, if the havnt already.:-0

6. Cloudkill

Cloudkill Regular member

They are now using encrypted digital channels you cannot listen in.

7. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

whats a good scanner / radar detecter ?
    i do ALOT of highway racing
    ...or just effing around in the car
    but notsure where to start at..my buddy ordered on from the states (as there illegal here in ontario canada) but i got no clue what one it was.

any help :)?

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

...yeah, because we're going to help you put other people's lives at risk with your shenanigans?

please, go find a ricer forum.

9. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Gonna go with Auslander on this one. Seen way too much of needless harm done by a thrill for speed and careless behavior. Find a legal drag strip and save the money you'd use on a scanner.

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

or spend that money on a day at a driving school and some autocross registration....then you'll actually learn how to drive, not just operate a vehicle.

11. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

a simple no would have done fine.

12. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

No it would not. You need to be told how LAME and STUPID highway racing is. That way, when you kill some innocent person you can't claim you didn't know.

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

+infinity. Tom, you're 18....no matter how good of a driver you think you are, you suck at it. I'm sorry, but those are the facts. Your overconfidence, high levels of testosterone, inexperience, and apparent bad judgment form an equation that results very often in lifelong injury or death for others on the road.

I hope that either you grow up quick or get picked off by a police officer. Speed belongs on the track, and stupid antics don't belong anywhere around a car.

14. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

I'm not even going to start about how you calling me off on a bad driver with no skill.
    You didn't just call me Tom, right?
    And wow why be a dick about it? Honnestly.
    your the afterdawn addict with respect, so why do you keep going on?
    if you REALLY want to get your point across, why dont you get this thread stickied and blow it in my face somemore?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  15. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

I think you are the dick. You said you like to roadrace, a lot of people think that makes you a dumbass. They said so. Suck it up and can the attitude.

16. varnull

varnull Guest

For what it's worth I think you are a dickhead too, that or a chav.. same difference.. you should be locked up before you kill somebody.

I survived a minibus crash where 9 people died because of a teenage boy racer dickhead.. He survived with some cuts and bruises, was banned from driving for 2 years.. not enough for killing 9 people IMHO.. If I was to ever come across him he would never drive again!!

17. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I too am a survivor of a teen racer accident. I too think you're a dick. Not for endangering your life, but for endangering the lives of those around you when you pull this crap. It's selfish with a complete lack of forethought about everyone else you are (not maybe, but, ARE) endangering.

Grow up.

18. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

We are seeing here the classic dumbass thinking of young males, who think that being a "good driver" is a matter of being master of the vehicle, that is, being able to control the vehicle in extreme situations, like fast cornering, handbrake turns, burnouts, fast driving, etc. Mix this mistaken and limited idea with typical juvenile male risktaking behaviour and showing off in front of their peers and in front of girls, and you have a potent and dangerous cocktail of idiocy.

Only later with maturity will come the realisation that being a good driver also involves being a considerate, thoughtful, farsighted road user who drives responsibly

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  19. VLJ

VLJ Member

I'm 54, and driven my share of miles. Thrill is out back on a remote sections of open country on a dirt bike, going up and down canyons and hills. It's just you, and if you want to (and foolish enough to) you can really open up on the level prairies. Just remember the thought thought if you hit a bad hole and go flying over the handle bars at 50 mph. What you do off road on some remote area by yourself is one thing. What you do on public highways, and to elude police is another. Former Deputy Sheriff of 8 years. It's not a happy sight to see some trashed or cause grief and harm to others for the thrill of speed.

As for the OP Police have often gone to UHF and other frequencies, and I suspect, as cell phone usage climbs it may just be a lot of traffic is routed over the phone system. Just a guess on that one. Encryption is also a major factor.

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

everyone else has pretty much said everything to this that needs to be said, so all i'll add is this:

again, you're a teenage male. bad driving is as much of a fact as you having overactive genitals. self-control and time are the only things that will help you.

i'm 20. i've been driving daily for 8 years, and i've been to driving school (something much better than typical driver's ed)...and i'm still man enough to admit there's room for improvement. if you bought your car, you pay for the insurance, the fuel, and all the maintenance, then i have no place to tell you what you can't do on your private property.

but on public roads, you drive responsibly and follow the law...or you spend time in court, maim someone, kill someone, injure/kill yourself, or a combination thereof. and if your car isn't 100% yours in every way, as if it's with help from your parents or such, then you have no right to do what you want in any capacity...you're basically trashing someone else's property.

*edit*
    grammar >.<

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.