Printer Timeout Error

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by acidburnn, Aug 22, 2003.

1. acidburnn

acidburnn Guest

I have a Kyocera FS-1700 and whenever I go to print something a get a window that says printer timeout error occured. It says how to change te amount of time but whatever I change it to I get the same message. It happens with both a serial connection and parrallel connection.

What should I do?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Most of these seem like stupid little points but then again, printers are stupid hehe:
    1. Make sure serial and parallel ports are not disabled in BIOS
    2. Install the printer drivers, plug it in blah blah
    3. Is the printer defective? Try it on a different machine
    4. Does the Windows "Print Test Page" time out also or is it just your printer
    5. You may have installed your printer (within windows) on the incorrect Serial/Parallel port number
    6. Adjust the printer timeout settings ... make it like 500000 minutes or something.... does it still time out?

3. acidburnn

acidburnn Guest

I will answer to each point in the same order as stated by Praetor. (in case anyone gets lost)

1. How can I check that? I accessed my BIOS and saw nothing about Ser. or Par. connections.
    2. Yes I did that.
    3. It worked with two other machines and it used to be a network printer.
    4. Yes the printer test page also times out.
    5. I installed the printer to my LPT1 port. It is the only printer port I have.
    6. I changed it to those settings and thats like 8333 hours so I can't wait that long but I did wait for about an hour and then left it over night. Nothing came out and the printer went to Sleep(stand by; powersave mode)

Also I used to have an Epson inkjet printer and I still have the drivers installed because I still sometimes use it for colour printing. Could that cause a problem. Whenever I need to use it I just switch the printer cable attached to my Kyocera and Attach it to my epson. But my device manager doesn't show any conflicts and I made sure that the Kyocera has the Kyocera driver and the Epson has the Epson driver.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Are u using a different OS than before?

5. acidburnn

acidburnn Guest

No. I have been always using 98se. I had ME for about a month but I formatted and installed 98se.

6. acidburnn

acidburnn Guest

I got a new printer cable and everything works fine!!!

7. jznelly

jznelly Guest

i had this problem too, and my problem was that the color cartrige was screwed up. idk if that is ur problem but it could be