Problem Backup MGS 2: Substance?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by whyudie, Mar 7, 2006.

1. whyudie

whyudie Member

I want to backup this game...and the file size is 6GB, when I want to make ISO with Xiso, the Iso file changed to 3,9GB??
    I try to burn that 3.9GB, and played it to my Xbox, when konami logo appears...the title/FMV opening doesn't appear.
    And my question is, is there a program to make a ISO Xbox..to backup DVD9 Xbox game?
    Please help :)
    Thanks.

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

There are ways to backup a game over the limit by deleting uneeded fill or foreign language files, etc. Can't do that with Substance. There are 2 files, both BIN and they cannot be edited or reduced in any way. The only way to do a backup is to use a dual layer disc. Never tried this myself, but it seems pretty straight forward.

3. whyudie

whyudie Member

I wan't to backup with Dual layer DVD-R, but when I want to make a Iso Xbox..the size of that file only 4GB, but the real file of MGS 2 is 6GB.
    Why is that happen (6GB-->4GB)?? Anyone knows? :(

4. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Don't know why it's happening, but have you tried just pulling all the files off the disc to your PC and then burning them with Nero as a data disc (onto your dual layer) using the "DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)" format? You don't absolutely HAVE to create an ISO to get a working game.