Problem burning firmware cd for Philips DVP630(US:642)

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by oladunk, Jun 1, 2005.

1. oladunk

oladunk Member

I have some problems upgrading my Philips DVD-player DVP-630 (same as US version DVP 642 as far as I know).
    I downloaded the new firmware and read the pdf-file with instructions. I read the instructions and tried to follow them. However, the "how to make an upgrade disc" part is something that I feared that I have done wrong.
    After inserting the cd and waiting for the "DISC LOADING" "FLASH" "DVPXX.ROM" etc messages...well nothing happened after the display had shown "LOADING" for some time. After some time the disc tray opened. After checking the versions screen nothing seemed to have changed. So my conclusion is that I must have done something wrong when burning.
    I used Nero to burn. I chose to make data cd and moved dvpxx.rom and dvpxxdv.rom to Nero for burning (I did not touch dvpxxEW.rom which was also part of the firmware download since the pdf file did not mention this file.
    I read that I should choose the following when burning:

-File system CD-ROM ISO LEVEL 2
    - Mode 1/2/XA
    - Character set ISO 9660
    -Finalised, single session
    - Write speed slow (e.g. 2x, 4x)

Can anyone shed some light on how to burn this cd? I also have alcohol120% software for burning in case that is easier. Anything else I can use?

Borge

(but had little success in finding these settings in Nero apart from choosing low speed, disc-at-once and to finalize cd)

2. soperthug

soperthug Member

i am also having the same problem. i tried this on a rewriteable cd rom and normal cd rom burnt at 4x and i have the same issues. i am currently using 1109 firmware trying to upgrade to 0112.

any ideas

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  3. oladunk

oladunk Member

I still have no answer. But wonder if this "ISO level 2" thing means that the cd should be burnt as an iso?