problem in writing downloaded xbox isos

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by gemini42, May 11, 2006.

1. gemini42

gemini42 Member

I recently downloaded a game iso from torrent and i had wriiten the iso image in dvd+r with a speed of 1x using nero and alcohol120 both of them didnt work. do i need modchip (mandatory) inorder to play such isos.can i write those files by extracting the iso using ultraiso into a data dvd will it work.help needed thank u

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well you need a modded system to play any back up discs.
    you can get a modchip, or softmod your PS2

I would not use +R discs as many more Xbox's have problems reading those compared to DVD-R

Once your system is modded you will have other mods you can do to make your Xbox great.
    [bold]modchip:[/bold]
    you will be able to FTP (transfer files between the PC and xbox like games or application updateds, trainers, dashboards and network it so that programs like XBMC can access the internet and play online radio stations, & play movies and music files stored on your PC)
    and other things i am probably forgetting
    You will be able to play back up discs
    you will be able to have alternate dashboards to the stock MS Dash with a lot more features to it.
    you will be able to install a larger hard drive so you can store all your games on it and keep the DVD's just as a back up. It will also greatly increase the loading times when played from the HDD

once again i am just listing some key things, i am sure there is more you can do.

[bold]softmod:[/bold]
    all of the above can also be done.
    But installing a larger HDD is a much more involved process.

a side note: if you play games on Xbox live you will get banned if you modify your Xbox. But there are alternate ways to play Xbox games online like Xlink Kai and XBConnect

once the system is modded you should be able to burn an ISO file to a DVD-R disc and play itin the Xbox

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  3. gemini42

gemini42 Member

thanks steimy for your effort ill modd my xbox thank you.