Problem making a xbox backup (security sector)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by B1GDa00y, Nov 9, 2006.

1. B1GDa00y

B1GDa00y Member

I have made a raw dump of my xbox game, (I Own) and I have read the .DVD file off my DVDmovie, that i used to make a dump of my game, and then i deleted all but the first 2 lines in the .DVD file, and then i renamed my dumped game .tao file to image.000. (Could only make a .tao cause thats all itll let me do).
    Next i put my dvdmovie back in and then opened DVDinfopro, then selected my drive that the cd was in and then in the advanced dropdown i selected "physical format information".then hit ok.
    Next i took the last 3 bytes on the first line (FB 71 CD) and im suposed to subtract it buy some other number but i dont know where to get it. "substract the Offset from the full length of the image"?
    [​IMG]

so after i can do this math with the hex calculator, I will open (I THINK) my .tao image in WinHex, and I find the hex number I came up with earlyer but I need to know the second number to subtract.
    And thats where I put the security sector.
    And I need to know wher to get that as well.
    If you think it will be easyer if you know the game I'll pm you.
    Thanks Guys your the best:)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

is that Xbox 360 or something.
    Because for backin up a regular Xbox game i have never seen such a complicated process.

3. B1GDa00y

B1GDa00y Member

no its for a original xbox but its so i can use live. if i just ftp it over to my xbox and make a iso out of it whin cxbox it wont let me go on live.

WOW it just accured to me that this TUT that im useing might just work for xbox360s ( http://arakon.dyndns.org/backup.html )
    Is this the xboxes or 360s? I want to be able to go on live with my backed up game Ihave flashed samsung vB dvd drive and i have some DVD+DLs that i need. AGAIN! i have a XOBX ORIGINAL and need to play games with live enabled.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  4. steimy

steimy Active member

i know plenty of people who play on Xbox live without going through that whole process.
    I would do some searching and asking around about it.
    The answer would of course depend on if you have a mod chip or softmodded system

and worst case you can get Xlink Kai or XBconnect and play any game with the system link option online for free.

5. B1GDa00y

B1GDa00y Member

I have a soft modded xbox but i have a subcrition for xboxlive and i want to accually use it though, also xbc is laggy.

6. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

here is my way of making a backup it is short and simple and can be done in 20 minutes.

The easy way.

7. B1GDa00y

B1GDa00y Member

but you cant get on live with them
    ans thats what im doing with adding a security sector, Igusess this is to hard for here.

8. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

you can get on live with them because i do it all the time, set your xbox to dual boot-open mod, closed cold- and put the game in close the drive and turn your xbox off and turn it back on with the power button

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2006