problem with adopter

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ema609, Jun 5, 2009.

1. ema609

ema609 Member

I have a belkin expressbus f5u001-blu that has 4 usb that can be used if I can figure out which adopter to use I called up belkin and they said dc7.5 volt and 2.1 amp which dosent fit any of my adobpters they all say input and output and everything but this
    so I was wondering if anybody knows what I can use
    I also have atargus pauh217 with the same problem
    I need to know the adopter that fits.
    I have a few that fit but I dont want to fry anything
    one that fits this one says class 3 power suply what ever that means
    ty ema

2. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

It sounds like you should invest in a Targus Universal Power Adaptor.

Basically, its a laptop adaptor with interchangable tips and the ability to adjust voltage via a hand turn wheel.

Before investing in this though, I'd stop by your local radio shack and see if someone there can't teach you how to Power Labels.

Power Labels are the on most every device and they display information like "9V AC" "14.2V DC" "150 mA" as well as useful little symbols that will help you tell if the inside of your tip is supposed to be negative or positive (believe me, on DC adaptors this is VERY important).

It might sound a little complicated, but it's pretty straight forward, honestly, and someone at RadioShack should be willing to teach you what you want to know. (And that's free! ...The Targus Universal Adaptor however... Well... Consider it an investment in your future adapting needs.)

Let me know how it turned out.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009