Problem With My Backup Games, they did work but not now....some help please??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mat7h3w, Jan 3, 2007.

1. mat7h3w

mat7h3w Member

Hi everyone. I have a v 1.6 Xbox soft modded with the UnleashX dash. I've had it for some time, and its performed very well. Yet, recently I've started having a real problem with my backups of my games. First I thought the drive might just be dirty, so I got a Xbox DVD laser lens cleaner and ran it through a couple of times. That didn't seem to help. So then I thought perhaps I needed to use a better quality recordable disc so I switched from a cheap brand to Verbatim DVD-R's. I've also tried burning the backups at everything from very slow speeds to very fast speeds.

Yet the problem persists. See, what happens is, the game backup with either not load at all (which happens rarely), or it will load and start playing just fine, but sometime into the game it will completely freeze up (which happens much more often out of the two). Yet the drive has no problems playing original actual Xbox discs whatsoever. My original copies can be played fine from beginning to end, but my backups won't work anymore. I'm at a dead end here, and am out of ideas to try to solve this problem.

I figure if the drive is bad, then it should have problems playing originals as well as backups right? If it was the fact I was using cheap discs, then switching to a quality brand like Verbatim should have solved the problem, right? If it was burn speed then one of the burn speed settings I've tried should have worked, right? I've tried burning them from as slow as 4x to as fast as 16x with no change in behavior.

Could it be an issue with my DVD burner itself that is causing the problem? Other than that I'm out of ideas for what to try to work around this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Note: Just to clarify, I am using the Xbox drive and the copy dvd option under UnleashX to rip the orginal games to the hard drive, then using flashfxp to ftp the files to my PC and then using Qwix to make the xiso images before burning. In the past this method has worked fine and my backups have played without difficulty.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well if it were the drive you are correct, it would also have problems with originals. And the disc quality does matter.
    But with Verbatims they should work.

I can tell you some of the ways that i made my back ups and you can try them instead and see what happens.
    1. Get DVD2Xbox and put it on your hard drive.
    2. use that to copy the game to the hard drive if you prefer that method. Then FTP to the computer and use Craxtion4 to make the ISO

another method would be to just use Craxtion 4, it could rip the game from your Xbox strait to the PC without going to the hard drive first. Or in the same respect and FTP program can do that as well. Just FTP the contents of your D: folder which is the DVD drive, to your PC then make the ISO

Did any of these game work before and just start freezing?

and just so you know, before you install Craxtion4 you need to go to the Microsoft download page and download and install .net framework
    you can do a google on ".net framework" and it should bring up a direct link to the download page. Without this Craxtion4 will not load.