Problems Loading Forza Save From HDD?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by TravDude, Jun 24, 2006.

1. TravDude

TravDude Member

Greetings!

I have successfully backed up Forza Motorsports to my hdd using dvd2xbox, and the game appears to have full functionality. Except when I restart the xbox, and proceed to load my saved game file. It begins to load, then "hangs" on the loading screen, with background music still playing. Im running a Xenium Gold chip, with a EvoX M8 bios. Thanks for any suggestions!

2. 1MAVERICK

1MAVERICK Guest

I would reccommend making sure you have the latest version of dvd2xbox, or mabey you game save is bad? I've got Forza on my hd and the name comes up cdx, microsoft game. Its the only one I've had that happen to.

3. theridges

theridges Guest

i dunno what could be the problem here but it does sound like a bad game save.....i would delete that game save and clear my cache from the E Drive that will probably fix it....

4. TravDude

TravDude Member

Thanks for the ideas! I have tried deleting the game saves, creating new ones, but they won't load either. Ditto on clearing the cache. When I cleared the cache, I used the option on my xenium os menu. Should I use a file manager and delete the contents of x,y,z? Anything else I could try? It won't load game save when I play from the hdd, or the cd.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

i would delete the cache with filemanager i would mess wit hthe other folders though......

6. TravDude

TravDude Member

So when I go to clear the cache, I want to delete only the contents of drives x, y, z. Are there any subfolders or anything that I shouldn't delete?

7. theridges

theridges Guest

no go to filemanager
    E/Cache and manually delete all files in there......leave x,y,z alone..

8. TravDude

TravDude Member

Oops, thats right! Sorry, x,y,z are partitioned for the game's use, e is the cache location.

Thanks! I cleared my cache and everything works great!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

1MAVERICK

I told you if you returned before your suspension was up you'd be deactivated permanently. Your MLOYLLO account will be permanently deactivated on July 14.

10. theridges

theridges Guest

and Neph Strikes Again.....

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The temp ban feature was a neat concept but most of them come back and get banned permanently anyway.