Problems with a couple games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by JimD10796, Jun 2, 2006.

1. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

Ive been having problems getting some backups to load on DVD-R. Weird think is i can extract the iso and FTP it to the HD and it works. Ive already tried 3 types of media. Some games work, some don't. This morning i used Crax4 to put 4 games on 1 disc. Only 1 of the games booted. So what can the problem be? Ive tried everything patch xbe, deleting cache, clock etc. Ive probably done 400 game backups and probably 8, i can't get to work. Also noticed that the XBMC takes several seconds to start playing avi's from DVD's. I'm opening the drive up right now and try cleaning the laser, but other than that i'm out of ideas. Thanks in advance..

2. d2rights

d2rights Member

3. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

Wow a Craxtion tutorial?! Read my post, ive backed up almost 400 games (sucessfully) with either quix or Craxtion and i'm trying to figure out whats wrong with a few of them.

4. shademand

shademand Regular member

double posted because web browser got hung up

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  5. shademand

shademand Regular member

Have you tried extracting the game files from the disc via an FTP program such as Flash FXP then creating the XISO w/ Qwix or Craxtion 4? I know it seems like the same since both Qwix & Craxtion have built-in FTP functionality, but for some reason when I've run into the problem that you have describe when I used that method the disc then worked...

6. d2rights

d2rights Member

have you tryed crax 3.1
    I use verbatim media and have not had I problem yet

BEFORE MAKING THE ISO take compresson off
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

Little confusion here, i can take a game in iso form on my pc , burn it onto disc. Disc either hangs up during booting or dirty disc error. I can then take the exact same iso, extract with Qwix, FTP with flash fxp and it works. This isn't all games, 1 here and there, for instance i made a multi gme disc using Craxtion4, and 1 out of the 4 worked, yet FTP the others to the f drive, works like a champ.

8. shademand

shademand Regular member

In your initial post you stated that you had some games that did not work when you burned them onto a DVD-R, I assumed you were making a backup using the original game disc, creating your XISO using either Qwix or Craxtion 4, thus my advice not to use either program to extract the game files but to extract the game files with a FTP program then create the XISO w/ Qwix or Craxtion 4.
    If these are ISOs that you have downloaded which are not working then simply extract the ISO with Qwix or Craxtion 4, once you get the game files recreate the XISO. Some games cannot be used to make a multi-game disc, period such as Metal Slug 4 & 5 you can't create a multi-game disc with those games for some reason... And lastly make sure that you are using the CDX Menu, when you create your multi-game discs.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

OK, first off what games are they, that would really help.
    I have only had one game so far that gave me so much of a problem that i just stopped trying. That was Brothers In Arms Earned In Blood. It could have been a bad file, but it works sometimes from the disc and other times freezes at the loading screen. Never worked at all from HDD and i tried every way you can imagine of extracting, creating, patching, transfering the game.

But other than than every other game worked great.

10. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

Games are downloaded, i didn't say that because of board rules. Ive got i guess 5(thought it was 8) games that are now backed up in rar form, i am not wasting another disc attempting to make a playable dvd. I can just extract and ftp it and play off the HD. IMO its got to be a file out of place or something along those lines for it to work/load perfectly on the HD and make coasters out of DVD's.

11. shademand

shademand Regular member

Now, I am confused if you now say that you have decided you are not gonna burn games to DVD anymore then what was the purpose of your post? Just put them on your HDD and be done with it...

12. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

This problem is nothing new if you're using crappy discs. You need to run a Nero CD speed test on them, and I'll bet they are packed with errors that are causing them to fail. Use good discs that test out and they will load every time.
    This could also be caused by your drive. Some just suck, or wear out or don't like certain disc brands. This can cause errors on the disc during the burn that will make it unreadable.