Problems with FTP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by zombieinc, Jan 13, 2006.

1. zombieinc

zombieinc Member

Ok, I read the tutorial on this board, along with a few others from different sites, and none have helped yet.

I have a modded Xbox, and I've been trying all day to connect it to my computer, and do some transferring with FlashFXP. I've tried it so many different ways. I have a network, so I've been trying to connect it through my router. I've even tried connecting it to my laptop, which is just a straight shot - from the xbox right into the laptop.

I open up FlashFXP, and put in the IP address listed in the settings menu of my Xbox, and it just won't connect. Or, when it's connected through my laptop, it will say "connected", and then 10 seconds later, it'll say "connection lost", or something similar. I have no idea what a "crossover" cable is, so I'm just using an ethernet cable. Could that be a problem?

Is there any way to connect it to my PC without using the router? I tried just running a cable from the PC directly to the Xbox, but it won't give me an IP address, because it says there is no link. As I said, I feel like I've tried every connection possible numerous times, and nothing will work. It won't connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

When you're running it straight from your laptop, you're gonna need a crossover cable. If you're using the router, then the ethernet cable is fine. Also, make sure you don't have any firewalls on when connecting.