problems with my bin file

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by amishjew, Sep 1, 2003.

1. amishjew

amishjew Guest

Im pretty new to using bin files and iso. I downloaded some software that was 2 cd's and used cdmage and isobuster to extract them to my desktop and i installed the software but when i went to use the software it said i needed to insert the cd into my cd-rom i guess a play cd like gta3 has or something anyway i tried burning cd2 with nero i burned as a image and all that. After i burn i cant open the cd it says its not valid for windows or something anyway it wont let me open it when i try to open the software it says wrong cd but im almost 100% positive this is the cd i would need the other one is over 800mb and that wont fit on any cd i know of. I just need to know how to burn this cd2 right onto a cd. Also i dont know if this will help any but it wont let me open it with cdmage it says its not a valid format and so on but isobuster opens it fine and i extracted it all fine with isobuster as well as i needed files from that cd to install as well and it installed fine i just need a cd of it now to put in the cd-rom so i can use it. Any help i can get will be more than usefull so for future sake thanks for help.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Well the point of BIN files is to burn them onto CDs and install/play them off the CDs.
    1. What game was it? You may (and seems that you do) need to account for CD protection

Well when you try to open an image with CDMage it pops a dialog asking you to specify the read format. Obviously if you select the wrong mode/sector size, CDMage wont open it. Just try again!

Also, perhaps the CDR threads might be of more use to you? :) (http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/38)

3. amishjew

amishjew Guest

actually it never asked me that cause i never select anything i just click open and it gives me the select box i find it and click open on it and it says that. Anyways its Midnight Club 2 and i know they work i just think maybe im doing something wrong the autoplay file for the second cd is a ms-dos batch file and when i click on it or when the cd tries to play it you just see a ms-dos box flash for a split second and it doesnt do anything i do not if im suppose to do anything special with it or what. i have the game but somehow the game kinda exploded one day in my cd-rom i dont know if it got stuck or what but i just figured i would make me a new cd2. If you know anything about what i could be doing wrong then let me know and thanks for you help.