Problems with our Sony micro MV DCR- IP7 BT

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Ekin4112, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Ekin4112

Ekin4112 Guest

I am having problem trying to transfer my video content from the camcorder to the PC via IEEE-1394 (i-link or firewire). Once I plug the IEEE-1394 from the camcorder to my pc, then the images appears scattered. I try cleaning the video head and changing the wire. All the tapes are like that. I am using Movie shaker. We try asking sony and they give us nothing. Can someone who has IP5 or IP7 tell us the solution to it. If not can anyone tell us a program that is compatible with the camcorder. (because I use many software can't detect my camcorder)
    Is it the window I am using (XP). Please HELP

2. quan29

quan29 Guest

Elkin4112, I also have the same problem, none of the software I have seemed to recognize the IP7. I have gone out and bought Pinnacle 8 and was able to transfer the image into my I computer with no problem,the problem I have now is writing it onto DVD. Everytime I try to write it to DVD my computer just freeze. I had recently upgraded my memory to 1Gig from 512mb, but then my hard drive crashed. I'll give it a try when I have everything installed and running again. I also use XP pro. Talk to you soon. Quan.

3. Ekin4112

Ekin4112 Guest

Hey Quan, thank for replying to my question. I took your advise and downloaded the trial version of the pinnacle studio trial. But once i connect my camcorder to the pc the images are still scattered. Does it have anything to do with the options that are available in the software?