problems with pioneer 104

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mtam323, Nov 17, 2002.

1. mtam323

mtam323 Member

So I got this dvd writer a week ago and I noticed that I can't read that last few files to gig of the dvds I write. I've searched several other boards and have found a few people with the same problem but no one has responded to those threads. Can anyone help me here? I've tried different versions of the firmware and have burnt at 1x and 2x.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Are you on FAT32 at all?
    Because you may have problems reading/editing anything over or around the 4Gb marker.
    I have a Pioneer DVR-104 too , run on Win XP Pro
    I burn using Nero btw

Last edited: Nov 19, 2002
  3. mtam323

mtam323 Member

nope, i'm on ntfs

4. herbsman

And you burn using which prog ?: )-~

5. mtam323

mtam323 Member

I'm using Nero 5.5.9.17. I've tried using PrimoDVD but I keep getting error -9 on that.

6. herbsman

I got Prassi Prismo with the 104 but kept getting errors so I went back to Nero (which I had used for many CD-R's)
    I am using Nero 5.5.9.9 and I'm not really experiencing any problems.
    Although saying that , Playstation2 will play some DVD-R's and then freeze/depixelate on the last chapters.
    Hope this helps!

7. mtam323

mtam323 Member

Have you tried burning a dvd full of data and then verifying the files? I've exchanged the drive but kept getting the same problem. I'm not sure if it's the media or not because several people have reported no problems with the media I'm using, which are ritek dvd-rs. However, I have absolutely no problems burning on the dvd-rw that came with the drive in nero. But I still have problems burning the dvd-rw in primo...

8. herbsman

Sorry , I'd have answered b4 but the forum seemed to be down.
    I haven't actually used any Ritek discs yet as to media type...
    I got a bundle of 30 Bulqpaq General Purpose which I didn't have any problems with (only the previously mentioned PS2 prob).
    I've recently been trying out different media types tho - X1 , X2 burn speed- FWS X2 I found to be quite a good disc for the money (£0.89)
    I have the 132 firmware , and not 133 or 133f and find this to be OK. I'm not really worried about writing at X2 on media stated as X1.Cos the problem then arises which media will and which will not.
    Getting to the subject of whether I have fill a disc with just data - I tried with Prassi Prismo when I installed the DVD-RW Drive & to no avail (error message). I haven't bothered trying since then , I open up Nero just to burn .BUP , .IFO & VOB files .