Program will not burn dvd's

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by EvonneT01, Dec 18, 2004.

1. EvonneT01

EvonneT01 Member

I installed the platinum dvd x program on my laptop, but when I burn DVDs they never work afterward. The program will say, "Burn completed successfully" but the copy will never play on any dvd player including the computer that I used to burn it. The computer will give me an error message that says "Windows can not read from this disk, the disk might be corrupted,or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows. Some of my friends use this same program and they do not have any problems. Please help. My laptop burner is a DVD+R/RW and I use blank dvd+r to record on. I really, really, really need some help. Thanks

2. EvonneT01

EvonneT01 Member

Hello,
    I use maxell dvd+r blank media to record onto. I have tried everything under the sun to burn a dvd and it WILL NOT WORK!!! I was wondering about the normal dvd burners, that can be bought in the store. Do they burn copyrighted or protected dvd's, if so what is the best model to get. I need one ASAP!! Thank you.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check the dvd forums either above or below this section but have you tried ritek discs