PSX Emulator

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Menion, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Menion

Menion Regular member

Ok so I know emulation on the newer consoles isn't all that perfect and sometimes not that great at all it took a long time for them to get a decent spead N64 Emulator out there. But heres the issue I just loaded pcsxbox v18 onto my console and decided I would try and give it a good work out and loaded the Tony Hawk game, The emulation seemed to keep up to speed but almost all of the ground was White and very hard to see things I tried burning @ 4X and 1X,

I have also tried Army Men 3D and Twisted Metal 2 which was the worst having horrid sound in the background and unable to do any options other than move

So does anone possibly know of any configuration settings or better emulator out there or is this pretty normal? Is so it's fine I own all the games and have several Ps2 and PSX consoles lying around

2. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

you have to put the images from your games(clone cd images was the only image`s that worked for me take only the .img file)in to the games or image folder in the emulator directory.

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

You can upgrade to a 1GHz processor. I'm having the same problem dont know how to get it running at a decent speed. Thats what i'm going to do. It can be real expensive but if you know somebody its cheap or even free.

4. Menion

Menion Regular member

Upgrade the proccessor on an XBOX? never heard that before but reguardless thats ok... I have a modded PSX & PS2 I think Ill just stick with that, though thanx for the input

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

He's talking about the dreambox with the 1.4GHz proc and double the ram most likely. Which would help with emulators since there's no real flag for the ram use as far as I know.

If you check around you'll find a compatibility list as to what games work and what issues they have with the emulator. I know there's one at the forums at xbox-scene...might be worth checking out.

6. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Most homebrew do have the 64MB flag. Except for the 128MB mameox that I know of and Lunix. Upgrading can be a real pain. The fact is that once it has been done all xbox games must be patched and certain emulators as well. The games run smoothly but not at its original speed. Ludicrous fast game play, its like playing a rom and enabling the emulation of the emulator at full throttle. I thought of upgrading, it wouldn’t cost me a dime but I decided not to. Its recommended if you are going to run Lunix and use the xbox as a conventional PC