PV-GS65 focus issue

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by RebelJeep, Mar 10, 2008.

1. RebelJeep

RebelJeep Member

I have a panasonic PV-GS65 that seems to be having an issue with auto focus. While recording it just gets really blurry. You can zoom in and out, this will clear things up for a second but then back to blurry. I read through the manual and checked all my settings. I even did a reset on the unit a couple of times with no luck. Has anyone else seen this? Of course, it is 250.00 just to get it fixed.
    Thanks

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If you have already contacted Panasonic, and they said it needs to be repaired, then I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  3. RebelJeep

RebelJeep Member

I have not called Panasonic yet, I just read their information on their website which stated anything out of warranty is a flat 250.00 to repair on camcorders. Guess I will have to call them and see what they say. Hopefully I will not be on hold for hours....

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Hopefully they will tell you of some setting to fix it.

5. RebelJeep

RebelJeep Member

Called them today and I was directed to a repair center near me. That center is about 2 hour by car so I will have to send it in. 45 dollar fee to look at it and 25 dollar fee to ship it back. Thst just gets you an estimate to fix it. If you decide to fix it the 45 dollars goes toward the repair cost. Still have not decided if it is worth it or not....

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

That's a tough call, for sure. If you really like the video camera, it may well be worth the cost to have it fixed.