Question with Xbox Originals and IXtreme 1.6

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xGrAffiti, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xGrAffiti

xGrAffiti Member

I was looking to back up some of my Xbox 1 games to play on Xbox 360. I tried burning them on a DVD-R, and for some reason I couldn't get it to work. It's a copy of my WWE Raw 2 by the way, which the original version is all scratched up, but it worked enough to allow me to get the iso. Anyways..I looked around this forum and I saw that they needed to be burned on Dual Layered DVD's. Now, I have DVD+R Dual Layer DVD's, but when I try to burn an Xbox Original, it says the data is too small, or something like that. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

[By the way, my xbox 360 is modded with IXtreme 1.6, if you didn't already know that by now.]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. hasamoder

hasamoder Regular member

Hmm maybe try this method:

This tutorial will explain how to convert a xBox game.iso into a compatible iXtreme.iso for xBox 360.
    Programs:

* XDVDMulleter 10.2
    * IsoBuster
    * Daemon

More or less the process needs approximatly 15GB of free HDD space; and I'm assuming that you have already the ss, dmi and pfi files to be injected into the .iso.
    Let's begin with extracting the xbox.iso game to a folder.
    Once the .iso is extracted run XDVDMulleter, select 'View ISO details' and click 'next'. From 'Load ISO Folder', browse and load the xbox.iso in the 'Use Current Folder' and click 'next' to check if the xBox.iso has 'Random Padding'.
    Random Padding is very important, without it, will be not possible to have a successful iXtreme.iso

Click next to go back to the main menu, select 'Build/Rebuild files in ISO' and click 'next', select and load the xbox.iso as before, click 'next' and choose 'Create a DVD9 ISO with zero padding (Xtreme compatible + Video)', 'next' and XDVDMulleter will check if the XBE is valid, click 'next' until you get to 'Make ISO' and click on it.
    *Tutorial name: Mulleter.iso
    Note: You don't need at this time to load the ss.bin, dmi.bin or pfi.bin files

After XDVDMulleter has finished, open 'My Computer' and right click on the virtual drive to mount the Mulleter.iso
    *Tutorial virtual disk: J:

Run IsoBuster and select the virtual drive

Click 'Options' and then 'Communication', a new window will pop up, click on 'Read Settings' and set everything to 1 and click 'OK'

Right click on the main folder, on the left window,

and select 'Extract DVD <Image>', then click 'User Data (*.tao,*.iso)'

Name the file and use .iso as extension, Don't press 'Save' yet
    *Tutorial name: IsoBuster.iso

From 'My Computer' right click on the virtual drive and mount the xBox.iso, once it has loaded it, go back to IsoBuster and click 'Save'.
    After a while IsoBuster will report an error. Just select 'Replace with dummy data' and 'Always apply selection', click 'Selection'

When IsoBuster has finished, it will ask you to delete some files, (Choose 'No')

and to save the .cue file. (you don't need it)

You can now delete those files:

* xBox.iso
    * Mulleter.iso

Now let's run again XDVDMulleter and select 'Build/Rebuild files in ISO' click 'next' and load from 'Load ISO Folder' the IsoBuster.iso in the 'Use Current Folder', 'next' and select 'Create a cloned DVD9 ISO (Xtreme compatible if the source is good)', click 'Yes' when prompted. In the next window load the ss.bin file from your folder and click 'next', so for the dmi.bin and the pfi.bin files, click 'next' and press on 'Make ISO'.
    When it's all done, check with XDVDMulleter the .iso to see, that it has become an iXtreme compatible image.

Burn and play.

Enjoy~

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Please look/post in the xbox 360 forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.