queston from a newbie

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by NSA187, May 30, 2004.

1. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

i made a back up of my Freedom Fighters game with a DVD+r Hewert PAcket brand, i am new at this but i bought a stack of DVD-R and the brand of them is Imation, and when i tried backing up another game with the imation i go to put it in my xbox and it won't read it ? can someone explin why ?

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

some media will not read in some xbox, there are 3 types of xbox dvd rom samsung phillips thomson, just stick to media you know works, or you could buy a samsung dvd rom(you will the be able to play copied cds)

3. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

i used hewert packard dvd+ and it worked now i am using imation - to back up godzilla melee and cabela's hunts and it wont' work but i did mange t to make a sucessful backup of Freedom Fighters with a hewert packt + dvdr so does that mean my rom is able to read hewert packert +'s ?

4. Biohzrd

Biohzrd Member

Do you have a mod chip installed??? got to have one to play backups

5. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

yes i sure do have it and a 120 gig hard drive, rusty dog over at www.get-modded.com made it for me. i bought a pack of dvd +r of TDK still no luck, i am guessing the HP will work will have to wait till it comes in the mail

6. Biohzrd

Biohzrd Member

i bought a cheap 5 pack at walmart, a while back dvd-r
    forgot the name of them but a friend burned a xbox backup on it and it did work, (on his modded xbox)

i tell ya, lol by the time everyone finnaly gets xbox going, with backups etc, xbox 2 will be out then we get to do it all over again :D

7. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

i have had mine goin for a while, cant wait for xbox 2, but no HDD means a boring console to mod.

8. Biohzrd

Biohzrd Member

ahhh it wont have a hdd huh? i doubt i will touch it then neither,

9. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

this is weird i made a backup of a DVD movie, and somehow i am able to watch it with the mod chip off on my xbox and i am able to watch it on my ps2 and i don't have a mod chip, also it's a HP+ and i did manage to make a backup of Freedom Fighters with it, imation won't work when making backed up xbox games for my xbox

10. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

i've always had good experiences using memorex dvd+r discs and verbatim dvd+r.... haevn't used dvd-r's yet though..