.RARi extract files...and they work perfect untill i try to burn....

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by JRize, Jun 10, 2007.

1. JRize

JRize Member

i extract files...and they work perfect untill i try to burn....the voices don't match the mouth....this only happens with the .rar files wats the deal.....?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Either you have dodgy files from the download (I presume it's a download if it involves rar files) or you're doing something wrong burning them.

What program are you using to burn these files?
    Is that software up-to-date?
    What speed are you burning at?
    What speed is the media you're using rated at?
    What make is the media you're using?
    Is your burner's firmware up-to-date?

:)

3. billybob

billybob Regular member

...what ripper said :p

Haha, but seriously, more info kid. Try burning slower speeds though, thats usually the problem.

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Supposing that this type of thing is a RAR file problem seems to be a common thing on here. A classic case of mistaking the wrapper for the contents of the parcel.

The problem sounds a bit like downloading AVIs archived using RAR and converting them to mpeg2 then authoring a DVD layout and finally burning them to DVD and then finding audio sync problems on a standalone player.

This gets telescoped together in the naive user's mind as "burning a RAR file", so good are modern software suites (take a bow, Nero) at hiding the nuts and bolts from the user.

JRize, what type of video files are contained in the RAR archives, and what conversion / burning software are you using?