Recommend me a HDD Camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by CitizenH, May 26, 2009.

1. CitizenH

CitizenH Regular member

I'm in the market for a replacenemt to my Sony DCR TRV125 Digital8 Camcorder.

I'm considering another Sony and I had a SR12e for the weekend and found it extremely easy to use and the pic quality was excellent. I don't know if I want to splash the cash on something so expensive, but I don't want to have to end up replacing it again in 2yrs time if I just get a SD one.

It will basically be used for outdoors for filming kids matches, etc, so a lot of moving people.

Will the quality of a SD camcorder be good enough for this and then showing it on a HD 36" TV? I also plan to use it as a still camera and I liked the flash on the SR10e but have noticed that none of the Sony SD camcorders have flashes on them.

Any suggestions for a camcorder? I like the user friendly options of the Sony, but am willing to look at other brands aswell if they are good enough.

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

I have the HDR-SR1, I think the main difference between SR1 to SR12 is the hard drive size and MegaPixels for stills, with a little bit of improvement in optical zoom. If you want to save money buy a lower model then the SR12.
    I'd stick with the hard drive camcorders. I only have 30GB but even that can give about 7 hours of 1080i recording.

Flash? you mean the light? That is an add-on that you would need to buy separately, at the same time you might want to buy a second battery.

3. Crazycro

Crazycro Member

I just picked up an HDR-XR200v....what a camcorder!!! This thing takes some amazing Video...

4. CitizenH

CitizenH Regular member

I got a Canon HG10...super machine for 500 euro from amazon