Recording Streaming Content from Laptop to PC

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by dosguy, Feb 7, 2008.

1. dosguy

dosguy Member

Is this possible? I want to use the laptop to access certain non-copyright material on the Web and record it onto my PC's hard drive. The laptop has an output port for analog video/audio and s-video, and the PC has an open pci slot and usb ports. I tried using Camtasia on the PC and it doesn't work well; it either doesn't caputure the audio or the video is jumpy. I've also tried a device called EasyCap which takes analog inputs into a usb port. It works, but the video is fuzzy. I need fairly good quality reproduction. I'm thinking of going from the laptop to a camcorder and then back to the PC, but I'm thinking I may lose quality with the conversions.

Thanks for any ideas!

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I am trying to figure exactly what you are wanting to do. Here is how I read it.

1)capture old videos onto the computer
    2)move them to the lap top
    Where does the video camera come in?

-Del

3. dosguy

dosguy Member

I was thinking I could go on the Internet with the laptop, then when I find the video I want, I'd record it to the camcorder using the laptop's analog output jack. Then I could transfer the camcorder's content over to the PC. I already tried going directly from the laptop to the PC, but the videos come out blurry.