Recording whats on the TV and Windows MovieMaker

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by FanofSOAD, Jul 21, 2006.

1. FanofSOAD

FanofSOAD Member

I have a new camcorder I got for my birthday. I like it a lot and want to start filming right away. I thought it would be cool do a movie using a video game but its so crappy when you just press record and put the TV in the veiw of the camera. So, if you know any tips or ticks to record TV stuff, I would like to know. Also, everytime I try to add music to my home movies using Windows Moviemaker, it says "Music is licenced, blah, blah, blah". How do you get it so you can get rid of the license on the music so i can add it to my movies?? Thanks for your help.

2. zfx83w

zfx83w Guest

Hi, and welcome to the wonderful world of Camcording!!!

I had the exact same desires to record video games and stuff when I got my first camcorder, so I know how you feel. Heres the deal; there is something called a capture card that is used to capture anolog signals, and convert them into digital signals that the computer can read. These run anywhere between $40-$60 at bestbuy and they include editing software (that's definately a step above moviemaker). The capture card will almost always have a video, left and right input channel along with an s-video channel. You connect your gamesystem up to the capturecard as if it were a TV (matching the colors and what-not). Then, the editing software will allow you to capture the video from your game straight to your computer. And the best part is, there is little loss of quality. Then you can add your voice overs and everything to the gaming footage and produce some pretty sick movies.

As for the music, this error is coming up because you are probably trying to add directly from an Audio CD or music in WMV format. If it's a cd, then you must rip it to your computer using Nero or some other program, then import those files into Movie Maker.

If your serious about getting into the video game or just want to improve the hobby, check out http://videomaker.com and they will teach you everything you need to know to get started. I suggest you subscribe! Enjoy.