recovering home movie memories

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by whobdah, Jul 1, 2009.

1. whobdah

whobdah Member

I love afterdawn. I come here and get all my questions answered. It's like talking to a magic oracle.

I've searched, but I'm not sure I'm seaching in the right place. So here's the problem.

Two days ago, my canon dc-10 with "mini dvd-rw" disk inside, showed I had a few movies bits on the disk. The elementary school "talent" show (I use that term loosly) and a few other things. I think my wife recorded a birthday party the next day. When I went to play the disk through the camera, it showed I did not have any info on the disk at all. No little bits. I know we did not put in any new disks or format that one. The bits are gone.
    I did try to recover some of the info with ISOBuster. The free version does show some info on the disk. So...the real question is How do I get that info off. If I go through "My computer" and the dvd drive, it shows nothing.

One other thing, my wife told me my mother in law picked up my Canon. Some of her bad vibes might have effected the data. She is quite evil.

I really want that data, How do I get it off?
    Thanks in advance.
    Rick

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. Hobbes17

Hobbes17 Member

Hey,

Do not record anything, the info is there but there may be a malfunction in the camera. Try the site that was kindly listed for you and if that does not work I would advise taking the camera in so nothing is accidentally erased. I wish you the best of luck.

Aloha,
    Tara