require software drivers...

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by DCRHC32, Nov 1, 2005.

1. DCRHC32

DCRHC32 Member

just wondering...i bought a new DCRHC32 digi camcorder and it didnt come with the software...as it was an open box sony cannot replace and the store will not help out. I have the software from a friend for all the editing, however i need the drivers to run the USB connection into my computer (its a laptop) does anyone know by any chance where i could get the drivers from? i have tried everything and everywhere i can think of!!! or is there another way of connecting to the computer for downloading from digital tapes?

cheers guys

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

3. mellymoo

mellymoo Member

Hi i had a similar problem to you for my sony handycam.
    I tried to connect through the usb but no devices were found. (thing was on my new pc it picked my camera up straight away)
    I thought that my old pc needed a special card installed, as why would it work on the new one but not the old!
    I was told to get firewire (which i still mite do much better than usb)
    Although after I was told to try downloading usb drivers for my camera so the pc would recognise them.

You can get drivers from the sony site which will recognise you camera through usb, it worked yesterday for me.

this address is for the uk site if ur us then im sure that site will have them too.

http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DIME/camcorders/camcorders.asp?l=en

Just select your model from the web page and it will find the drivers for you :O)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005