Restoring My XBox Dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by victom15, Apr 15, 2006.

1. victom15

victom15 Member

If someone could please help me restore my dashboard. I would just look it up in another forum but its an odd situation. My XBox has not had a dashboard for a long time but I never did anything about it because it would still load games. BUT all at once when I tried to load MechAssault it stopped loading games and just came up with error code # 16 which means something has happened to the software on the xbox and it can no longer perform properly. Which I am assuming is the dashboard being corrupted or deleted. So when I boot it with a game and without a game it comes up with error # 16. I used to have Unleash X but I deleted it and that is when it started not booting unless it had a game. If you need to email me at victom1900@yahoo.com but if its not 100% nessecary please just post it so other people can see it.

-Alex

Oh and I forgot to mention the ethernet port is shorted out so if I temporarily fix the dashboard I cannot ftp. If buying a motherboard and hdd combo is better then just tell me.

2. victom15

victom15 Member

I forgot to mention that I will pay.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

if you can not FTP, and you can no longer load discs you may just be out of luck. I would have a pro look at it and repair it.

I would have suggested fixing it while you were still able to load discs.

4. victom15

victom15 Member

I actually sold this XBox to someone else before it stopped loading disks and they have had it for about 1 month and it messed up while he had it. I am not willing to pay much for it so I dont think its even worth it to pay a pro. But thank you anyway for your help.

-Alex (victom1900@yahoo.com)

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Just so you know..error 16 relates to the clock being wrong, and the dashboard can't find the software to reset the clock...Probably caused by being unplugged for more than a few minutes..

Try a cold-boot with something like halo2 in the drive.If at first it doesn't load keep trying..maybe it will after a few goes..the drive seems to be tired..then if it boots go to the live section and hit update account...It will probably say something like "updating Dash"..when it finishes you should be good to go..otherwise it's fixable but with a lot of effort and messing about..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2006
  6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

if you are good with pc, then you can do hotswap.

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest