Reverted to MS Dash, may have bricked my Xbox.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by CR3AT10N, Sep 8, 2006.

1. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

Can you help me? I had either Unleash X or EvoX then when i used the restore ms backup function and restarted it, it said 'Xbox live is trying to update your system' and then, because i dont have xbox live, it fails with 'Xbox Live failed to update' then retries and fails. This happens everytime I turn it on.

Can anyone help?

2. ds1615

ds1615 Guest

uhm...just go hook up your xbox to your internet(via Ethernet cable, dial up/phone lines wont do crap.) so if you have dsl or higher, good. if not, youre screwed. the ethernet thats in the back of your pc just use that to your xbox and just let live update, dont worry this wont mess up your mods or anything. if im correct it just updates your dashboard or something. im not really sure but just as long as you let it update youre fine. unless youve been using an account for over a year without paying then you might want to revert to the mod you were using. also please go to thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/391696 and let me know this info please. i scratch your back, you scratch mine. ;) oh yea you might need to revert to the softmod to ftp(well duh lol) or just hot swap and use Xplorer360 and let me know(for more info on hot swapping go to http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332766)

3. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

Thanks for trying to help but I did not have a Live account on that xbox. So it won't connect to xbox live.

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Someone had figured out a way around it in another thread. It was rather long and tedious, so can't remember the specifics.

Had something to do with Halo 2 dash update.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  5. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

Can I have a link?

But you have to realise that I cannot play any game or dvd or access Xbox Live because I have never had an Xbox Live account on it.

6. pzyk1k

pzyk1k Member

ok im not sure if this will work but if you buy the Halo 2 Mappack you can update your system through there. thats if you can still play games.

7. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  8. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Sorry, don't have a link. Just remember seeing someone with the same problem as you and he managed to fix it using Halo 2.

Couldn't tell you how it did it.

9. derhama

derhama Guest

creaky got me, i'm such a tool

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2006
  10. XxdevinxX

XxdevinxX Member

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!! I CAN HELP YA. DO YOU STILL NEED HELP???

11. XxdevinxX

XxdevinxX Member

What HE did was boot the system up with halo 2 and try to connect to xbox live. I't won't connect so HE went to trouble shooter and changed the settings: Ip to auto and Dns to auto. I had the same problem but i fixed it by doing this. Not so sure if this will work if you don't have an xbl account but it might. I'f if doesn't work, tell me and i will put more thought into the problem and solve it.

12. ds1615

ds1615 Guest

you know.....you could just email me at joesomebody1615@yahoo.com and i will tell you every step to fix this problem. i had various errors before i got my xbox to complete working condition. including that xbox live error. if im correct is a dashboard out-of-date autoupdater. i have a friends account to use for xbox live sometimes, and i hooked it up and it didnt work. just trust me on this, ive got 3 ways to fix this. i can give you working stock, working evox(cant revert to stock), and unlueashx(includes working mod, i will throw in some games/emus, and has the working stock dash). if you like this idea just email me. i will tell you exactly how to fix this and i will give you all the files you need.

13. XxdevinxX

XxdevinxX Member

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS HOOK UP TO THE INTERNET. AFTER YOU HOOK UP TO THE INTERNET, BOOT YOU XBOX BY HITTING THE BIG BUTTON THEN INSERT THE HALO 2 DISC. AFTER YOU DO THIS SHUT OFF YOU XBOX. NOW, TURN IT ON WITH THE DISC IN BY HITTING THE SMALL BUTTON. HALO 2 SHOULD COME UP. ONCE THIS DOES, HIT XBL OR XBOX LIVE. AFTER YOU DO THIS IT SHOULD SAY CLICK TROUBLE SHOOTER. GO TO TROUBLE SHOOTER AND LET IT DETECT IT. WHEN IT IS FINISHED, GO TO SETTINGS AND MAKE THE IP AND DNS AUTOMATIC. THEN SAVE. WHEN YOU EXIT, HALO 2 SHOULD RELOAD. AFTER THIS IS DONE, SHUT OFF YOU XBOX. THEN TAKE OUT THE DISK. NOW BOOT UP YOUR XBOX WITH THE SMALL BUTTON WITH NO DISK AND YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EHEHEHEHEHEHEH.

YOURWELCOME,
    DEVIN.

14. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

Thanks for trying to help devin, but it didnt work. I really can't use any game at all. Whatever I do it goes to that screen.

Also, just to let you know.

I CAN NOT PLAY GAMES OR DVDs AND I CAN NOT FTP IN ANY WAY TO MY XBOX.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  15. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Bummer. Well, your only options are to either hot swap or install a mod chip.

16. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

Oh well. I guess I'll buy a new xbox they are cheap on ebay. Thanks anyways guys.

17. therapy

therapy Member

no, dont buy another it can be fixed, i have managed to fix a few including my own with exactly the same prob, all have had the softmod on them, u need to use thhe hot swap method and repair the dash board.

18. therapy

therapy Member