S-Video & audio

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by paudge, Jun 10, 2004.

1. paudge

paudge Member

Hi,
    Please could you tell me what I need. I have a Canon MV 6i camcorder that I want to connect to my PC properly. My PC (Medion Titanium MD 8008) has an S-Video port that connects to the camera's S-Video port to give good quality images on screen. However I have no sound. There is an AV in/out on the camera which I presume i have to link up to the PC also. I have a lead that fits perfectly into the camera (AV in) but the other end of it has 1 yellow video, 1 red audio right and 1 white audio left! The PC has a blue audio input and also has a black digital audio input (that says SPDIF beside it). Is there a PC lead that I can get that keeps the camera AV connection and also has a single blue connection or a single black connection at the PC end? Am i on the right track?

Cheers,
    Pauric

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

If your camcorder is a DV, buy a Firewire card and capture through that. You'll get much higher quality resolution and the audio will come out fine.

I'm guessing you just need to buy an adaptor that will plug into your motherboard. However, the quality will probably be bad and it'll probably be out of sync with the video.

3. paudge

paudge Member

Cheers,

I'm goin investin in a firewire cable. I have a firewire socket already on my PC so shud do the trick

Paudge