Same Network

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by 237, Jan 13, 2008.

1. 237

237 Guest

I have three computers running through e belkin router it is not a wireless connection. I want to keep two computers on the same network and keep the third as it is.
    I want to share my printer, keyboard and mouse between two computers but i cannot do it unless they are set up on the same network. I don't want to do anything that might mess up the connection of my third pc which i want left on line but not join it to any network can anyone tell me how to go about this and is it straight forward or is it out of the question.
    Thank you

2. beingme

beingme Member

well, if ur printer is connected to the computer thats not in the network, what you might do is connect the printer to the router somehow (as I understand you want to print from all three of them). If not, then it's really simple, just put two computers in a network of a same name (check in control panel-system), usually the default is MSHOME if you have windows. and make sure the third one is not in a group with the same name. you also need to click an option to share the printer, it should be pretty straight forward, if it's not in network setup wizard, just go to PRINTERS and check it there.
    good luck!